Source: Jonathan Evatt
Here is a delicious morning health tonic recipe. It’s a warm drink and you can, of course, have it any time of the day or night. I prefer to have it in the morning before I have eaten anything else.
This is a great drink for alkalising the body, improving digestive fire, relieving gas and other digestive disorders, and for maintaining a healthy immune system.
- 1 cup Boiled water, Boil water and let cool a little
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/3 teaspoon Ginger powder, Organic ginger powder or freshly crushed root
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, A pinch of cayenne pepper powder. More or less depending on how hot it is
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of unfiltered, raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice, Fresh juice from one lemon (about 3 to 5 tablespoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil water
Boil enough water for your drink, and add in all the spices.
2. Let cool
Let cool until you can just hold finger in there without burning (about 60 ℃ / 140 ℉).
Add lemon juice, vinegar, and stir.
Add in honey and stir.