How do we remain naturally flu-free during the winter?
Flu shots and other vaccinations are not the answer. They are loaded with toxic and immune disrupting chemicals. What’s more significant research suggest they are ineffective. In fact recent research indicates the immune system does not need anti-bodies in order to respond effectively to disease causing agents. I won’t getting into this now, but self-education is important here.
Antibiotics are not the answer. Although oddly enough many doctors continue to hand out antibiotics when clients come in with flu symptoms (caused by virus, as opposed to bacteria which antibiotics target).
Herbal tinctures and immune boosters are not really the answer either. They may help, for sure. A short-term natural assistant from nature. But is still just a natural bandage.
The best way I know to keep a household “flu free” is for everyone in the household to be healthy. An ounce of prevention is better than a tonne of cure, be it natural or otherwise.
Viruses, bacteria, moulds, and parasites are all around us pretty much ALL the time. Our greatest defense to these potential pathogens becoming a problem is a strong, healthy, and intelligent body and immune system.
1) Eating real food, as opposed to the life-less fake food lining the shelves of supermarkets, is a good start.
2) Cleansing the body of excessive toxicity and undigested “fake food” is a great next step.
3) Restoring a healthy gut flora is vitally important. Probiotics, live fermented foods, probiotics, and more probiotics. It’s the first line of defence of our immune system.
4) Boosting the digestive system is vital. Low digestive “fire” means no matter what we throw on the “fire”, it’s not likely to “burn” all that efficiently. A poor fire makes for soot and smoke, which clogs the system. Drink warm fresh ginger tea before and during each meal. Add a little fresh ground black pepper for an added boost. For people who are “cold” by nature, add a little cayenne pepper too.
5) Feeding the body with nutrient dense foods is important to make up for the long-term nutritional deficiencies. Foods like:
- bee pollen – [amazon_link id=”B00024D6KA” target=”_blank” ]C C Pollen High Desert Raw Bee Pollen Granules bag — 1 lb[/amazon_link],
- spirulina – [amazon_link id=”B0039ITKR4″ target=”_blank” ]Nutrex Hawaii Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica Powder, 16-Ounce Bottle[/amazon_link],
- chlorella – [amazon_link id=”B0013OXCQ6″ target=”_blank” ]NOW Foods Chlorella Pure Powder, 1 Pound[/amazon_link],
- hemp seeds – [amazon_link id=”B0012C7VLG” target=”_blank” ]Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed, 3 Pound Bag[/amazon_link] or [amazon_link id=”B005P0NLJ2″ target=”_blank” ]Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed 13 oz.[/amazon_link],
- virgin coconut oil – [amazon_link id=”B000GAT6NG” target=”_blank” ]Nutiva Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — 54 fl oz[/amazon_link],
- fresh or powered turmeric root – [amazon_link id=”B000N8N7K4″ target=”_blank” ]TURMERIC POWDER FRESHLY PACKED IN LARGE JARS, spices, herbs, seasonings[/amazon_link],
- fresh or powered ginger root – [amazon_link id=”B0016AXCAS” target=”_blank” ]Starwest Botanicals Ginger Root Powder Organic, 1-Pound[/amazon_link],
- fresh herbs – [amazon_link id=”B0051OA7QC” target=”_blank” ]Survival Seed Vault – Heirloom Emergency Survival Seeds – Plant a Full Acre Crisis Victory Garden – 20 Easy-to-grow Varieties[/amazon_link] and [amazon_link id=”B006H0ZI90″ target=”_blank” ]Farmers Market 201305 Kitchen Herbs Organic Seed Collection[/amazon_link]
- spices [amazon_link id=”B001A1VIUO” target=”_blank” ]Organic Coriander Seed — 1 lb[/amazon_link], [amazon_link id=”B003AYEHPW” target=”_blank” ]Organic Cumin Seed, 1-pound Bag[/amazon_link], and more ,
- maca root (form Peru) – [amazon_link id=”B000FFLHU2″ target=”_blank” ]Navitas Naturals Maca Powder, 16-Ounce Pouches[/amazon_link],
- camu camu – [amazon_link id=”B006U48WTG” target=”_blank” ]Camu Camu Powder 8 oz (Raw, Wildcrafted)[/amazon_link],
- tamarind – [amazon_link id=”B009RGHV2I” target=”_blank” ]Franz Organic Pure Tamarind Paste – Seedless (400g. (14oz))[/amazon_link]
- acai berry (and any local wild berries) – [amazon_link id=”B001CGX3ZK” target=”_blank” ]Navitas Naturals Acai Powder, 8-Ounce Pouches[/amazon_link]
- shilajit powder – [amazon_link id=”B005WX1M4S” target=”_blank” ]Sunfood Shilajit Extract Powder, 100g, 50% Fulvic Acid, Raw[/amazon_link]
- … and many more.
The above list is just a few examples of what I mean by super-foods. All should be wild or organically grown. They should be NON-irradiated (pay particular attention to dried herbs and spices in that regard).
6) Drinking clean water is important.
7) A concoction of “The Good Stuff” is VERY helpful too. Each it each day during the fall and winter. You’ll find the recipe on my website HERE.
Simply put… a healthy life-style is the answer to your question on “… is there a better way than diffusion [of Thieves essential oil blend] to keep the house flu free for the entire family?”. I like essential oils, and the thieves blend is great, for sure. But for me it is does not promote good health, rather it helps the body deal with poor (less than ideal) health in times of need. It is great for inhalations, for external use, and for internal use (easiest when put into capsules).
This article is not meant to be a comprehensive look at ways to create and maintain truly excellent health naturally. But it does touch on the basic core principles of a traditional naturopathic approach to health and immunity.
I wish you all the best of health.